Wednesday, March 14, 2012

WIP Wednesday



Tiny Bliss Houses

It's been a strange week. I've felt restless, but at the same time I've had no desire to do anything. Hopefully it passes soon, I've got a mountain of projects I'd like to get finished.

I've only worked on one thing in the past week, and it's such a tiny thing that's it's barely worth mentioning, only I used some of my treasured stash of Bliss, so here goes. About 10 years ago I clipped a foundation piecing pattern from Miniature Quilts magazine, which I think is no longer being published. After setting foundation piecing aside for many years to work on other things, I've picked it up again, I'm sure due in part to the revived interest in it from the blogging community. Foundation piecing is easy. If you've never tried it, definitely take the time to figure it out. You'll be amazed at the sharp points and tiny pieces you can work with.

Here are four teeny tiny houses made with teeny tiny pieces of Bliss. I would normally keep my fingers out of the picture but I wanted to show just how little these houses are. I am in love with them, and since they take so little fabric, I could potentially make hundreds of them. I should make a bed quilt out of blocks this small, but I'm sure I'd get bored long before I'd made the first 50.

Happy Wednesday :-)


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced



17 comments:

  1. The little houses are very cute....I don't have those patience. haha. good for you. Now get at that Summer Sampler so we can see it...lol

    Thanks for stopping by to comment. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These would make lovely postcards, and you wouldn't need to make 50 of them, unless you'd want/need so many.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, an entire huge quilt of those would be AWESOME! I'd probably get bored before I made enough too....but it would be so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are the cutest things I've ever seen! I love them! :) If you make a whole quilt out of those I'll send you a prize! lol. Just because I think it would be cute and I want to see it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so cute!!! But man they are so small...would be cute on a pouch...you should join thehttp://www.flickr.com/groups/1633419@N20/ :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what perfect tiny houses they are! A quilt would be incredible, but if it were me, I'd be going crazy long before I even got to 50 of them!
    I know exactly how you're feeling - listless and uninspired - I'm blaming it on the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thats the allure of foundation piecing, the perfect points and joins and of course the cuteness...

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so sweet. I'm glad you put your fingers in there. Quite often, one has no reference as to how big or small blocks or quilts are from photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are lovely. Small is beautiful! I definitely wouldn't have the patience for a whole quilt but I'd love to see one :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are so incredibly sweet!!! I love small works. It always makes people come in a little closer to enjoy.
    Thanks for linking to TN&TN!
    Please sign up for Feature Friday at the blog if you haven't!
    ~Monika

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute, Katie! I love the Bliss in there too. Nicely done!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh those houses are awesome, Katie! Crap, that's small! Yay you! I get that restless thing too. It makes me feel itchy. I've learned to deal with it by just finding something to do that doesn't require much thinking -- squaring up blocks, ironing, binding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. how ridiculous is this. oh my word so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So adorable, Katie! I love this block :)

    ReplyDelete