Tuesday, February 14, 2012

For My Valentine

I'm not much for celebrating Valentine's Day. I don't go all out and decorate or make elaborate plans. Seriously, this is the extent of my decorating.

Valentine's Day

I also don't expect my husband to bring me flowers, or pull some big romantic evening out of his sleeve. It's just not my thing. Too girly I guess, and I am decidedly not girly. This year however, I did make my husband a Valentine's Day gift. I always make things for other people, but rarely is he the recipient. I mean, he's a guy guy. A truck driving, hockey loving, wood chopping, camping, fishing kind of guy. Not a metro sensitive Ryan Gosling kind of guy. A bit of a Neanderthal actually. So, I made him a gift we can both appreciate. It's a bit Valentiney, it's got a heart, and the sweet sentiment is true, just like my love. Awwwww.....


My Love is True - Close

He actually made room for it on his desk!

Bill's Desk

The pattern is from Sublime Stitching and just took me a couple of hours to stitch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment