Friday, January 20, 2012

Weathervane Runner


Weathervane

Last Friday Elizabeth, of Don't Call Me Betsy, posted a tutorial for a weathervane block. I absolutely love some of the traditional blocks, especially when they are made in more modern fabrics. Since I'd never made the block before, I decided to join in. I only had enough of the aqua and gold fabric for three blocks, so I made a runner for a table behind my sewing area. Two blocks are white and aqua, one is aqua and white. I'm pretty darn happy with it. Thanks Elizabeth!

Weathervane runner

I'm linking up with:





 and Finish it up Friday
 

11 comments:

  1. I like the weathervane blocks you made! Great idea to sew them into a table runner. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!! those are my favorite colors and I'm like you: traditional blocks, modern fabrics. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a really beautiful table runner. that is a stunning block

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! And that is just the perfect home for it, too. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fabrics you used for these blocks! That table runner looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It fits perfectly on your table and I really like how you reversed the colors in the middle block! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this runner - I'll have to try out this block. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katie, your blocks are beautiful. I really like how you flipped the colors in the center square. Your runner looks great!

    ~Michelle (LemonadeGal)
    www.lemonadegal.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that runner! It's SO pretty and I especially love that you reversed the middle block -- very clever!

    ReplyDelete