Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Hands are for Quilting

Close

As I was reading Nicole's blog post on her Favorite Things I was reminded of how much I love to hand quilt. Nicole had a great list of gadgets that we all seem to love and buy with abandon, but my very favourite on the list was the Roxanne thimble. You know the ones, beautiful, heavy and, *gulp*.......kind of pricey. Well worth it, however. Hand quilting is easier on your hands with the right thimble. If your hands don't get tired you're much more likely to keep at it.
Thimbles


In the past few years I've been caught up with quick finish projects, mostly because I really didn't have the time or attention to devote to a long term commitment. I've made wall hangings, baby quilts, bags and clothes. I've embroidered, appliqued and cross stitched. What I haven't done in a long while is hand quilt. Maybe I should get back to it, once upon a time my hand quilting made Monica drool! Yes it's true, see her sweet comment?

Zombie Love
Ok, I know it's a crummy little screen shot, but you could always look here on flickr to see the real deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment