Thursday, April 12, 2012

Macy's Quilt


Macy's Quilt

Back in March, I decided that I'd finally get Macy's quilt finished. It's been a very long time coming. I couldn't think how many years ago I'd pieced the top, so I asked my friend Google. The fabric line used in most of the quilt is "Zany for Zinnias" by Jennifer Sampou for Robert Kaufman, and was part of Electric Quilt's 2003 Stash software. 2003 (!!!!) as in NINE years ago. So uhmmm, yeah, it was time to get it done.
I sent it off to my super fantastic longarm quilter friend Chelsea. You want a girl who can quilt the pants off of something? Chelsea is your girl.

Here's my mom doing the wave with the quilt. She was so worried about dropping it into the not-so-warm Pacific Ocean!

004

 I used a Debbie Mumm Easter themed backing, with yellow binding. Coincidentally, Macy's favourite colour is yellow. Something I had no way of knowing way back when I pieced this quilt for her!

Backing

Linking up with Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts
and





13 comments:

  1. Very pretty and well done you for finishing it!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo for a finish...no matter if it is 9 years later! ;) I know that Macy will cherish it for years to come...it is beautiful! And...your pics...gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt with such sweet colors! Don't you just love *finally* finishing up a WIP? Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finishing it up, Katie! I know that must feel good to get it done. I don't blame your mom for being afraid of dropping it in the ocean. I would have been petrified!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful scenery!!! I love the quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilt is simply beautiful in such restful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love squares turned on point! The quilt just looks so fun and cuddly! Great pictures, too, by the way!
    Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful job on the quilt - it looks beautiful!
    -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. ~It looks great! Congrats on finishing it off! =D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely quilt, congrats for the finish after only 9 years (that is sincere, I have UFO's older than that).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Katie, it's a wonderful quilt! Looks like this is the week for finishing up UFOs - seems like everyone's doing it (but me!) Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the yellow binding Katie! So glad you got it done, Macy must be over the moon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for a project finish! I'm sure it will be totally snuggled to bits in no time. Lovely quilt and lovely pictures...I need to live by large bodies of water and right now I'm missing it. I'll live in your pictures for a while and it'll be ok.

    ReplyDelete