Tuesday, February 7, 2012

W-I-P Wednesday

There's always something in progress. With the amount of started-but-not-finished projects I have, I won't run out of WIPs until I'm about 80. For the record, that's 40 years from now.
Yesterday I quilted my It's a Hoot quilt, and today I'll put on the binding. I pieced it a year ago, so it's overdue. I've also been drooling over nearly every block in my newest book Modern Blocks. I lusted over the book online for quite some time, then was lucky enough to join a bee that's using the book. Perfect excuse to finally buy it! 
 It's a Hoot

I also started working on my mini quilt for the Modern Mini Challenge.  It's 10" square, Kona coal. That's all I'm sayin!

Modern Mini Challenge


I'm linking up with Lee, for my first

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

4 comments:

  1. Oooh...I can't wait to see what you come up with for the mini modern challenge! I started playing around with something yesterday but still haven't committed to the challenge yet. :) And you know how excited I am about the bee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the club :) WIP Wednesday is dangerous though so don't say you haven't been warned. I find so much inspiration and new quilt alongs this way. Love the little snippet of your it's a hoot quilt that I can see. Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm I feel you on the WIP's till our 80 and for me thats 50 odd years away. I get bored with one thing or see something I can't resist starting/trying.... My goal is to finish a granny square blankie I am working on before starting anything else major - but its SO hard to not be distracted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your little sneak peeks! I have a mini flosting around in my head. I guess I need to get serious about getting it on some fabric. :) Can't wait to see the finish product!

    ~Michelle (LemonadeGal)

    ReplyDelete