Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year, New You.....That's What They Say, Right?

As always, the beginning of a new year brings a clean slate. It's a chance to clear away the old and bring in the new. This year I'm actually making some goals towards improving my health. I've got a few pounds I'd like to lose and I really would like to improve my overall fitness level.
In November I started working with a trainer in a small group setting. Four of us meet two days a week at 5:30 AM. (Yes, I really do mean AM) It's the only time I can, or will, commit to a regular exercise session. At home I have an elliptical trainer which I use sporadically. My goal is to use it at least two times a week for 30 minutes. I also want to get outside more. I live in such a beautiful town, but sadly I don't get out there to enjoy it often enough.
Best Me 2012 is a local initiative to improve the health and wellness of everyone in our community. I'll get help setting goals, and figuring out how to meet them, nutrition advice and get some testing done. It's probably about time I had my cholesterol and blood pressure checked anyway! I've made the appointment for my goal setting consultation for later this week.
I think some small changes, and a bit of effort, will go a long way to making me healthier and more fit. Let's get going!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment