Saturday, December 31, 2011

December 31

As I read over this post prior to posting, I realized how very different it was from the post I had intended to write. Funny how that happens....

Ok, so this year was a year like no other. Major life changes marked the end of what I can only call a mid-life crisis, although I am far too young to be at the midway point just yet. My family was glued back together from scraps, to create a concrete bond, I could never have imagined it happening but am so glad it did.

I tried, I really tried to get back into blogging. I wrote about my projects, I took and posted pictures, I found and commented on several lovely blogs, I participated in bloggy stuff, again and again. Somehow though, I didn't feel any satisfaction, blogging felt like just another obligation. I know why. I was looking to instantly make or re-new connections. I wanted a quick community. I saw people who I considered inferior sewers/quilters/embroiderers/crafters who had huge followings and successful online businesses, yet I thought I was somehow more deserving than they were. *sigh* Yes. I am an idiot. Yes I can sew. So what. Yes I might be pretty good at a few things, but does any of that really mean anything? Uhhmmm, no.
So. If I have a resolution this year, it's to blog for the enjoyment of it. It's not a popularity contest, the one with the most followers does not win. So join me, if you will, as I craft and create for my own enjoyment. I'm not going to try to keep up with the Joneses, or the Janes, Sallys or Marthas.

Happy New Year, friends. Here's a bit of what kept me busy this year, maybe next year I'll write about it!
Year End Round-Up

2 comments:

  1. Hi Katie
    Welcome back!!
    Yes I can understand your feelings very well..
    I realy hope you stay in bloggland.
    I like your new Hexagons project ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is wonderful news that you and your husband are together again and to funny about the midlife crisis! At least it's out of the way so you don't have to worry about it later right *grin*.

    I completely understand about the blogging and it is so easy to get caught up in trying to be popular. I officially gave up on all that during the summer when I had some really serious health issues and thought it just wasn't worth making myself blog every day even when I didn't really have anything to say. So now it's here and there, sometimes more frequent if we have lots happening but I've made peace with the dead blog space that takes place frequently now LOL.

    Happy new year and your placemat is looking great :)

    ReplyDelete