Friday, May 18, 2012

Let the Parade Begin!

It's been a busy week, between work and some sort of nagging plague-ish cough I don't feel like I've had much chance to sit and catch my breath. However, I must have because I managed to sew up a couple of bee blocks, and get some hand work in, or hand jobs, as my oh-so-funny husband likes to call what I do with needle and thread ;-)

I finished quilting my sparkle punch mini for my Modern She Made swap partner. I hand stitched the binding on Tuesday afternoon while enjoying our first warm spell of the spring.

Sparkle Punch Mini


Binding

I also had a chance to do another handpieced block from Erin's Hand Pieced Quilt Along. I have no idea why I waited until she posted the last block before joining in. Slow on the uptake, I guess.

Ohio Star

I'm up to 9 blocks now, so just 3 to go. Check out the Flickr group there are some really beautiful blocks!

9 Down....

Now it's your turn to show off your projects!

I just ask a few things of you:
1. link only projects with some handstitching
2. link to a specific post
3. use the linky party button (found in my sidebar) in your post, so others can easily find the party and join in
4. visit other Handmade Parade partiers
.....and go!


12 comments:

  1. I like the red and orange quilt you're making. It's going to be very striking. Do you think you'll do some solid red and orange borders or have you not thought that far ahead yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Sparkepunch quilt! I have one on my 'to-do' list, but who knows when I'll even get started on one! And you're brave to do hand-piecing! Your blocks are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea. I will join in when I have something to show:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie, wonderful blocks!!
    thank you for your great idea! and for opportunity to share my work and see others works!
    hugs, Masha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh the sparkle punch quilt is lovely! Did you use an Art Gallery basic as your almost-solid?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute mini! Love the colours. I'll be linking up later =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your mini and the blocks are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've yet to hand piece a block. I should try sometime 'cause yours are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh! I like the colouring in your hand pieced blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for hosting. Seeing all this great work has been fun. And thanks for showing us your lovely even stitches... something I aspire to!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your blocks! What a wonderful collection of link ups - people are soooo talented. This is a really great idea :)

    ReplyDelete